Racing about the countryside, chasing strange lights in the sky? Check. Defending the realm against extraterrestrial incursion? Check. Frequent ear-bashings from UNIT’s UK CO, the famously no-nonsense Lt-Col Lewis Price? Check. Close encounters of the First, Second and even Third kind? Check, check, check.
But he had no idea what alien beings were really like. Until the day of the Fallen Kestrel. Until the day he met the Doctor.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Lieutenant Daniel Hopkins - Blake Harrison
- Lieutenant-Colonel Lewis Price - Russ Bain
- Corporal Linda Maxwell - Genevieve Gaunt
- Annabel Morden - Deborah Thomas
- Dr Jennifer Harrison - Anna-Louise Plowman
- Morris / Helliax - Robbie Stevens
- Samuel /Adam - Jacob Dudman
- While examining the Doctor, Lieutenant Hopkins states that he has a body temperature of 31 degrees Celsius. The Doctor then assures Hopkins and Lieutenant-Colonel Price that he doesn't have hyperthermia.
- The Doctor asks Private Bates for tea with milk and two sugars, "stirred, not shaken".
- This story was recorded on 31st October and 1st November 2017 at The Moat Studios.
- The cover of this story was the last to use the Fifth Doctor sidebar.
- Warlock's Cross later dates this story to 1984.
- This story was originally released on CD and download.
- The Doctor notes that he is UNIT's scientific advisor. (TV: Spearhead from Space, et al.)
- The Doctor laments the destruction of his sonic screwdriver. (TV: The Visitation)
- Daniel mentions that UNIT's previous medical officer Harry Sullivan travelled with the Doctor. (TV: Robot, et al.)
- Daniel tells the Doctor that Harry is involved with something above top secret. (TV: Mawdryn Undead)
- According to the script.