- You may be looking for the political office.
The Guardian of the Solar System was first story of the fifth series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Simon Guerrier and featured Sara Kingdom.
Publisher's summary Edit
Now joined in the house by her confidante Robert, Sara recalls her travels in the TARDIS with the Doctor — and a particular adventure when the ship appeared to land inside a giant clock, where old men are caught in its workings...
Then and now, Sara's past is catching up with her. The cogs have come full circle...
The Old Men in the Clock (1) Edit
to be added
The Guardian of the Solar System (2) Edit
to be added
- Sara's elder brother Bret Vyon was senior to her in the Space Security Service.
- Robert was told stories of the Daleks when he was child.
- Sara considered Steven Taylor to have been a good ally and a good man to have around in a crisis.
- Sara spent six months on assignment on Venus in 3999.
- The Great Clock is built using the same technology as the House in Ely, although Sara can't remember what the process is called, but it essentially treats the human mind as an equation.
- Based on this, the more the prisoners think they will escape the Clock, the more the Clock traps them, entering their minds and feeding on them.
- In the 40th century, androids were considered equal to humans.
- Sara refers to the alien races that could threaten Earth: Malphas, Zephon (pronounced Zenephon), Celation, Beaus, and the Eminence Gris.
- This story explains why Sara is always seen in her SSS uniform during The Daleks' Master Plan, despite travelling well outside her jurisdiction. Sara explains that she thought herself indivisible from her oath of service at that time, and that her uniform represented that oath.
- This audio drama was recorded on 25 November 2009.
- This is stated to be the last story Sara tells Robert, but The Drowned World indicated he's already heard the story of "the old men in the clock."
- Home Truths established that Sara stopped counting after 1000 years, implying she's been in the house for longer. This story makes it a flat 1000 years since that adventure.
- Robert once again relates the story of the Doctor, Steven and Sara's first visit to the intelligent house in Ely a thousand years earlier. (AUDIO: Home Truths, The Drowned World)
- Robert recalls agreeing to remain in the house forever in exchange for his daughter's life. (AUDIO: The Drowned World)
- Sara recalls that she was sent to arrest the Doctor after he stole an emm of taranium from Mavic Chen and that her brother Bret was aware that he had allied himself with the Daleks. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- Sara refers to her visits to Liverpool (before it was flooded) on 25 December 1965 (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan) and Mars before it was colonised by humanity. (PROSE: The Little Drummer Boy)
- Sara previously told Robert that she encountered a withered old man who was trapped in the workings of a clock. (AUDIO: Home Truths, The Drowned World)
- Sara refers to her encounter with the Visians, an invisible, predatory species, on Mira in 4000. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- Chen has been mining taranium for nearly 50 years and experimenting with other methods of space travel in an attempt to replace the Clock. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- Mavic Chen mentions the android SSS agent Mark Seven while Sara refers to her first encounter with the Daleks on M5 many years earlier. (AUDIO: The Destroyers)
- Sara refers to Robert's attempt to record her voice on a wax cylinder more than 20 years earlier. (AUDIO: The Drowned World)
- Sara mentions that the Doctor and Steven first met Mavic Chen and Bret on Kembel in 4000. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- Many years later, Sara would be reunited with the Doctor, by then in his fifth incarnation, and Steven in an alternative Death Zone on Gallifrey. (AUDIO: The Five Companions)
- The Eighth Doctor and Charley Pollard would later visit the inner workings of another giant clock in Caerdroia in the Divergent Universe. (AUDIO: Caerdroia)