"Listen. Mari Lwyd. White as moonlight. Rattle-bagged and broken backed. Steed of winter who the pale men carry.
"Who are those that squire you? Slow and ceaseless, yard by yard, house by house, and door by door."
Ianto Jones has come to a remote village for a quiet Christmas. But the Mari Lwyd has come knocking. And she's real.
to be added
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Mrs Watkins - Rhian Morgan
- Jim - Duncan Wisbey
- Daniel - Sion Daniel Young
- Ambrose is Jim's cat.
- Annie speaks Welsh. Ianto says that his "isn't the best".
- Ianto brings brandy.
- Annie brings up the cheese scones at Penylan Pantry in Cardiff.
- Ianto has an Uncle Kevin with a "horrible farting rottweiler".
- Ianto usually has to go to a party at Kevin's and have a walk around Roath Park in the rain on Boxing Day.
- Ianto says that Annie knocks like a bailiff.
- Ianto believes that one has to drink wine with Christmas dinner and port on Boxing Day.
- Annie give Ianto some candles.
- Ianto has used up vouchers.
- Mari Lwyd gives Annie frostbite.
- Daniel says that Ben Hughes urinates on his roses, for which he receives prizes every year.
- Daniel says that Annie is like Scrooge with a thermostat.
- Ianto has mince pies.
- Mike and Hannah Lewis live near Annie. She says that they are a "lovely couple".
- When Ianto gets his gun out, Daniel calls him John McClane.
- Annie says that they should only get rid of Ianto "like Captain Scott" once the feast is disposed of.
- Annie was married to Jeffrey Watkins. He first held her hand in Bryn Onnen woods.
- Daniel says that he, Ianto and Annie are dressed like Worzel Gummidge.
- Daniel's Uncle Robert died a year ago and is used as a puppet by Mari Lwyd.
- Jeffrey's mother taught him and his siblings how to cook.