The Green Life was the twenty-sixth story in the Torchwood audio series by Big Finish Productions. It was written by David Llewellyn and featured John Barrowman as Jack Harkness and Katy Manning as Jo Jones.
Publisher's summary Edit
Torchwood vs Monsters!
Josephine Jones has come back to Llanfairfach and she finds it a bustling place with a thriving economy. The little town is now at the spearhead of a healthy-eating revolution. And yet, something's missing. It feels like the heart has gone out of the place.
She falls in with a dashing stranger and realises that although the past was a lot simpler, not everything's changed. There's still something nasty in the mine, and it's been waiting for Jo for a very long time.
to be added
Uncredited cast Edit
- Torchwood keeps files of all of the Doctor's human companions.
- Jack mentions Sarah Jane Smith and Rose Tyler.
- This story is a sequel to the Doctor Who story The Green Death.
- Stewart Bevan previously portrayed Jo's husband Professor Clifford Jones in The Green Death.
- Jo refers to her first visit to Llanfairfach. BOSS states that it was in the 1970s. (TV: The Green Death)
- Jack recalls that he was dumped by the Ninth Doctor after he got "scary". (TV: The Parting of the Ways, Utopia)
- Inquiring as to the circumstances of her parting from the Doctor's company, Jack asks Jo if he "Sarah Jane'd" her on a suburb, (TV: The Hand of Fear) or if he "did a Rose" and lost her. (TV: Doomsday) Jack was made aware of Rose's fate by the Tenth Doctor, (TV: Utopia) and has confessed to following Sarah Jane's exploits. (TV: The Stolen Earth)
- Jackie Tyler previously mistook Jo for Rose. (PROSE: The Christmas Inversion)
- Jo corrects Jack when he mistakes the giant maggot's venom for poison. Jack previously referred to a Millennium Bug "stacked with poison". (TV: Fragments)