The Grand Betelgeuse Hotel was the third story in the audio anthology, You Are the Doctor and Other Stories, which comprised the two hundred and seventh release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Christopher Cooper and featured Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor and Sophie Aldred as Ace.
Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS brings the Doctor and Ace to the most opulent casino hotel in the cosmos – a haunt of the rich, the famous and the unutterably corrupt. There's a robbery in progress – but is the Doctor really in on the plan?
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Chafal - Jon Culshaw
- Kordel - Nadine Marshall
- Ruben - George Potts
- Ace remembers Perivale.
- The Doctor describes the Grand Betelguese Hotel as the "most opulent hotel casino in the cosmos".
- Ace sarcastically refers to Chafal as "Judge Judy".
- The title is a play on that of The Grand Budapest Hotel.
- The Doctor refers to himself as the "approaching inclement weather system", but admits that name is a work in progress. (PROSE: Love and War, TV: The Parting of the Ways, et al)
- Ace mentions the Cybermen. She has met them on a number of occasions. (TV: Silver Nemesis, et al)
- Ace is still trying to pilot the TARDIS (AUDIO: You Are the Doctor) to Sydney. (AUDIO: Come Die With Me)
- The Doctor says that he has previously visited Betelgeuse. The Fourth Doctor previously referred to the planet. (TV: Destiny of the Daleks)
- The Doctor would later determine that Ms. Zingiber was an alias of Melanie Bush. (AUDIO: A Life of Crime)