Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The Time War rages around Arcking - a planet serving as a sanctuary for the sick and injured. But Arcking is protected by a mysterious, powerful force: a force the Master will stop at nothing to harness... even if time itself is against him.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Captain Galving of Mediscout Vessel RV79β contacts Arcking Station 12 and informs Major Desra of his imminent arrival. Major Desra inquires about several ships following in their flight path, none of which Captain Galving or Cole Jarnish recognise, and they make contact with them, learning that they are Daleks. The Daleks attack, killing most of those aboard, and the ship goes on a collision course, the trajectory of which Major Desra has the computer calculate. The Daleks continue their search for the Master.
The Master, calling himself Dr Keller, is working as a doctor on Arcking and comforts Phila after she fails to save the life of Jem Carnell, one of the survivors of RV79β. The Daleks make a transmission to all fifty-seven stations on Arcking and communicate with Major Desra, demanding that the Master be handed over to them in exchange for their lives. She agrees to do so, but the computer is unable to identify anybody by that name. The Daleks give her one solar cycle to find him and, without her knowledge, plan to overcome Arcking's shield in order to destroy the planet.
Cole wakes up and is commended for his quick thinking and piloting by the Master. Meanwhile, the Daleks detect the Master's TARDIS on the planet's surface and send drones to capture him. The Master goes to his TARDIS in a gravsuit, attempting to find something on the planet, and is admonished for leaving the station by Major Desra afterwards.
To be completed.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Master - Derek Jacobi
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- Major Desra - Rachel Atkins
- Phila - Hannah Barker
- Cole Jarnish - Jonny Green
- Arcking 12 Computer - Jacob Dudman
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
to be added
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Master returns to his old alias "Keller". (TV: The Mind of Evil)
- Arcking is protected by a planetary sized state of temporal grace. (TV: The Hand of Fear)
- The Master knows that he was brought back to fight on behalf of the Time Lords. (TV: The Sound of Drums)
- The Master tells Cole that going back and changing things is what started the Time War in the first place. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
[edit | edit source]
Footnotes[edit | edit source]