The Good, the Bad and the Alien was a novel in the Doctor Who 2 in 1 books range.
There's more to the Wild West than cowboys...
The Doctor treats Rory to a trip to the Wild West, where the TARDIS crew find a ghost town full of sleeping people and the Black Hand Gang; outlaws intent on robbing the local bank. But it's not quite the same as the films Rory's seen on TV. They soon discover they're not the only visitors to Mason City, Nevada and find themselves in a showdown against the alien Cemar!
to be added
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Jed Perkins
- Nic Piper
- Lizzie Piper
- Sheriff Jack Carter
- Black Hand Gang
- Hawkeye Kruze
- Gentleman Harvard Williams
- Dick Steele
- The title of the novel is a reference to the Western film, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
- Amy remembers the cartoon Deputy Dawg.
- Upon realising that the Cemar resemble meerkats, Rory says to Amy "Simples". A reference to Aleksandr the Meerkat, a character in Comparethemarket.com's advertising campaign.
- This novel was released in the 2 in 1 book range along with PROSE: System Wipe by Oli Smith.
- This is the first novel of the 2 in 1 Books to have Rory on the front cover. All the other 2 in 1 Book covers before this one have featured images only of the Eleventh Doctor and Amy, although Rory does appear in those novels as a main companion.
- This story was also released as an ebook (together with PROSE: System Wipe) available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- This book was later re-released individually, and with a new cover, as part of the Eleventh Doctor Adventures. This edition was released as a ebook on 5 May 2016 and in paperback on 14 July 2016.
- The Doctor thinks about wearing a fez. (TV: The Big Bang)
- The Mary Celeste is referenced. (TV: The Chase, PROSE: Heart of Stone)
- There is a pub named the Second Chance Saloon, which is a reference to the Last Chance Saloon. (TV: The Gunfighters)
- A runaway train also plays a part in PROSE: Death Riders.
- Official The Good, the Bad and the Alien page at Penguin Books
- Official The Good, the Bad and the Alien / System Wipe page at Penguin Books
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Good, the Bad and the Alien at The Whoniverse