An archaeological dig in Egypt uncovers a sealed tomb. The outer door is hoisted out by rope revealing the first chamber which tells the tale of the arrival of Sontar. The local labourers run away in fright except for one who warns the archaeologist not to open the inner door to Sontar's tomb. When the Sontaran first arrived he was revered as a god, but was overheard by Tothmes planning the planet's use and destruction in a war with the Rutans. Working to stop the Sontaran's plan, the Pharaoh is misled to believe that Sontar has died (when in fact he was recharging), and accordingly, Sontar is given the burial of a Pharaoh and sealed inside a pyramid before he awakes. 5,500 years later the archaeologist discovers the trapped but rested Sontar who strangles him to death. As Sontar emerges, the direction is given to cut the rope holding the door aloft. Sontar is pinned but still living as the labourers prepare to bury him in the sand, following 5,500 year old instructions.
- The discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb is mentioned twice.
- Sontaran technology includes the Sontaran scout ship in which Styx arrived.
- Styx is only referred to by his actual name and title once in the story.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWM 59 (4) The End
- Coloured and reprinted by Marvel in DW84 21.
to be added