"Why are you here? I mean – who are you, exactly?"
An archaeological dig in 1936 unearths relics of another time... And — as the Doctor, Amy and Rory realise — another place. Another planet. But if Enola Porter, noted adventuress, has really found evidence of an alien civilisation, how come she isn't famous? Why has Rory never heard of her? Added to that, since Amy's been travelling with him for a while now, why does she now think the Doctor is from Mars?
As the ancient spaceship reactivates, the Doctor discovers that nothing and no one can be trusted. The things that seem most real could actually be literal fabrications — and very deadly indeed. Who can the Doctor believe when no one is what they seem? And how can he defeat an enemy who can bend matter itself to their will? For the Doctor, Amy and Rory — and all of humanity — the buried secrets of the past are very much a threat to the present...
to be added
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Enola Porter
- Nathaniel Porter
- Oliver Marks
- Daisy Conlan
- Nancy Thirman
- Commander 128
- Executive Officer 3
- Tactical Officer 25463
- Counsellor 6011
- The Doctor describes a "manse".
- When listing the greatest archaeologists, the Doctor mentions Howard Carter, Indiana Jones, Marcus Scarman, Bernice Summerfield and Enola Porter.
- The Doctor once saved the Weave.
- The Shadow Proclamation, Shadow Architect and Daleks are referred to.
Games from the real world
- The original title was Adorable Illusion, but the previews in the books Apollo 23, Night of the Humans and The Forgotten Army confirmed that the title was changed to The Glamour Chase. Gary Russell later reused the former title for his Bernice Summerfield novel.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor, Amy and Rory are still trying to get to Rio de Janeiro as they were in TV: The Hungry Earth. So far while trying to get there they have visited Tibet and the world of Dragons. (PROSE: The King's Dragon)
- Glamours previously appeared in PROSE: Ghosts of India.
- Amy refers to "universal criminals", (TV: The Eleventh Hour) "alien vampires" (TV: The Vampires of Venice) and "strange nightmares". (TV: Amy's Choice)
Editions published outside Britain
- Published in France by Milady in 2012 as a paperback edition.
- Published in Italy by Asengard Edizioni in 2015 as a paperback edition.
- This novel was released as an audiobook in July 2011 complete and unabridged by BBC Audio and read by Arthur Darvill.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Glamour Chase at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Glamour Chase