- You may wish to consult
The Giftfor other, similarly-named pages.
The Gift was the third story in the audio anthology Doom Coalition 2, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Marc Platt and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka and Hattie Morahan as Helen Sinclair.
Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS deposits its crew on Earth in San Francisco, 1906. There they find an actor-manager desperate to stage his definitive production of King Lear. But a real storm is headed their way when he becomes the possessor of a mysterious psychic 'Gift' which is hungry for power and intent on wreaking havoc and destruction. But exposure to so much psychic activity has the Doctor becoming increasingly erratic. Can he battle his demons and save the world?
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- Charles Virgil McLean - James Jordan
- Aldo Deluca - Enzo Squillino Jnr
- Pepé Gonzalez - Paul Marc Davis
- Ethel Halliday - Laura Harding
- Tony - Derek Ezenagu
- Caleera - Emma Cunniffe
- Sam Sonora - Cory English
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- The Doctor recalls being "dead and born" in San Francisco 93 years from now. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Doctor notes that he will die again (TV: The Night of the Doctor) and believes that he will one day "run out of deaths". (TV: The Time of the Doctor)
- The Doctor mentions the music of the spheres. (TV: Music of the Spheres)
- The Doctor got a haircut in San Francisco once before, in 1997. (PROSE: Vampire Science)
- The Seventh Doctor had briefly been in San Francisco during the 1906 earthquake. (PROSE: All-Consuming Fire; AUDIO: All-Consuming Fire)
- The Doctor has to use the crank handle to open the TARDIS' doors. (TV: Death to the Daleks)