The Ghosts of N-Space was the seventh novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Barry Letts and featured the Third Doctor, Sarah Jane Smith and Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart. This was the first of two novelisations to be published under the Virgin Missing Adventures brand, the second being Downtime. This was also the only novelisation in the Missing Adventures range based on an audio story; the original version of The Ghosts of N-Space was produced for radio by the BBC.
- "When the barrier gives way this planet will be flooded by all the evil in N-Space. And, at the moment, I have no idea how to stop it."
Sarah Jane Smith, on holiday with her chum Jeremy and a bad case of writer's block, is amazed to find the Brigadier in the same part of Italy. He is there to help a distant relative whose tiny island home has been threatened by American mobster Max Vilmio.
When the ghosts that haunt the island's crumbling castle are joined by less benign spectres, the Brigadier summons the Doctor — who discovers that the whole of mankind is threatened by the plans of the ruthless Vilmio and his mysterious, hooded henchman.
to be added
- Third Doctor
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart
- Jeremy Fitzoliver
- Max Vilmio
- This is the novelisation of The Ghosts of N-Space audio drama and the first novelisation to not be released under the Target Books banner. Instead, since Target Books had been retired by this time, it was released as part of the Virgin Missing Adventures line.
- The book was published nearly a year before the radio play was actually broadcast, making it the first novelisation to do so.
- This story is set between Death to the Daleks and The Monster of Peladon.
- Sarah attempted to sell the stories of several of her past adventures with the Doctor. (TV: The Time Warrior, Invasion of the Dinosaurs, Death to the Daleks; AUDIO: The Paradise of Death)
- The Doctor refers to the beginning of his exile on Earth. (TV: The War Games, Spearhead from Space)
- The TARDIS' energy banks were drained by the beacon atop the Exxilon City. (TV: Death to the Daleks)
- The Doctor tells Sarah about the Hermit that he once knew on Gallifrey. (TV: The Time Monster, Planet of the Spiders, State of Decay)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Ghosts of N-Space at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Ghosts of N-Space