The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- The cat (from the scene where it mysteriously vanished after going inside a cardboard box) would not cooperate. It continually wandered around and had to be guided to the box, costing the production crew a day of filming.
- Murray Gold's instrument choices for Fear Her to create tension and a sense of horror.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- Waris Hussein discusses how An Unearthly Child was produced in the manner of suspenseful drama, and the surprising way in which it terrified people.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer, Doctor Who
- David Tennant, The Doctor
- Matthew Graham, Writer, Episode 11
- Billie Piper, Rose Tyler
- Steven Moffat, Writer, The Empty Child
- Andrew Collins, Critic & Broadcaster
- Clayton Hickman, Editor, Doctor Who Magazine
- Euros Lyn, Director, Episode 11
- Abisola Agbaje, Chloe
- Nina Sosanya, Trish
- Waris Hussein, Director, An Unearthly Child
- Murray Gold, Composer
- Lynsey Muir, 3rd Assistant Director
- Danny Hargreaves, Senior Technician
- Abdul Salis, Kel
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "What's New Pussycat?" by Tom Jones, Album: The Ultimate Hits Collection
- "Home" by Jakokoyak, Album: Am Cyfan Dy Pethau Prydferth
- "Shakin' All Over" by Johnny Kidd and the Pirates, Album: The Best of the Rock 'n' Roll Years, Vol 1 (1956-1962)
- "Monster" by The Automatic, Album: Not Accepted Anywhere
- "The Great Escape" by The Great Escape We Are Scientists, Album: With Love and Squalor
- "Heartbeats" by Jose Gonzalez, Album: Veneer
- "Why Won't You Give Me Your Love?" by The Zutons, Album: Tired of Hanging Around
- "Insanity, Track 13" by Nick Bardoni/Steve Warr, Album: KPM Music
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Camera - Mat Bryant, Eric Huyton, Aled Jenkins, Andy Smith, Joe Zafar
- Sound - Steve Hodge, Steve Hoy, Kevin Meredith, Ryan Windley
- Runners - Rhian Arwel, Alia Bianco
- Researchers - Cat Chappell, Alexander Gratton, Kate Monaghan, Hannah Williams
- Assistant Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Production Team Assistant - Claire Jones
- Production Co-ordinator - Hannah Simpson
- Production Managers - Zoë Scott, Natalie Street
- Editor - Sara Jones
- Colourist - Simon Meek
- Dubbing - Mark Ferda
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Producer - Adam Page
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
- Produced & Directed by - Geoff Evans
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
to be added
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
The "Cut Down" version of the episode is available on the Doctor Who: The Complete Second Series DVD box set.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- Episode 11 : The Fright Stuff. bbc.co.uk. Retrieved on 5 January 2019.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.