The Forsaken was the second story of the second series of The Early Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Justin Richards, narrated by Anneke Wills and Frazer Hines and featured the Second Doctor, Ben Jackson, Polly Wright and Jamie McCrimmon.
Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS lands on an island off Singapore during the Japanese invasion of 1942. The travellers are found by some British soldiers — among them a certain Private James Jackson, who just happens to be Ben's father. But they're not the only visitors to the island...
to be added
- Polly Wright/Narrator - Anneke Wills
- Jamie McCrimmon/The Doctor - Frazer Hines
- Ben Jackson/Private Lawson/Andrews - Elliot Chapman
- Captain Freeman - Ben Nealon
- Corporal Gibbs - Michael Jibson
- Private James Jackson - Oliver Jackson
- Mrs Maggie Bishop - Gabrielle Glaister
- The Japanese invasion of Singapore began in February 1942.
- Polly comments that the creature takes on the visage of the Grim Reaper.
- The Doctor offers Polly some lemon sherbets.
- While searching his pockets, the Doctor finds his Five Hundred Year Diary and his sonic screwdriver.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- A free download of the first episode was offered to newsletter subscribers prior to release.
- Ben compares the ship to the Mary Celeste, discovered abandoned and without its crew. He says what happened to it is a mystery, but the Doctor suggests he was there. (TV: The Chase)
- Ben says that he was born in December 1942. (PROSE: Invasion of the Cat-People)
- James says he could get a job on a ship after the war. (PROSE: Invasion of the Cat-People)
- The Doctor mentions the last time Ben doubted he was the Doctor. (TV: The Power of the Daleks)