Read by Catherine Tate, the story is released in the same format as the BBC Books Tenth Doctor Adventures book series and their associated audio book adaptations, but was released exclusively to audio. It is the second of its kind following Pest Control.
The Doctor and Donna are imprisoned on the Edifice - and become neighbours to a terrifying assortment of aliens. When the TARDIS is invaded by a holographic marketing scam, the Doctor and Donna find themselves trapped on the Edifice, a purpose-built complex of luxury apartments in space. Their new environs leave much to be desired: millions of beings from across the Universe have been gathered to live side by side in similar apartments. Instead of creating neighbourly affection, it's led to terrible battles being waged in the corridors and on the stairwells. The Doctor and Donna must cross the paths of deadly alien mobs as they search for the Edifice's ultimate authority. Who - or what - lies at the heart of the incredible complex? What destructive scourge is eating away at the Edifice itself? And are the Doctor and Donna trapped forever in this living hell?
to be added
- The Doctor gives Donna a paper bag to help stop her hyperventilating; she notes it smells of Jelly Babies.
- Several Callicons were kidnapped and brought to the Edifice.
- A Dendronic phytoform plant was brought to a room in the Edifice.
- The Doctor mentions a Megaraptor.
- The guests at the hotel include a Rutan and a Sontaran.
- The story was also available as a download from the AudioGO website before the company went into administration.
- This isn't the first time the Doctor has found himself trapped in a massive building inhabited by different cultures. (TV: Paradise Towers)
- Donna knows of the Sontarans. (TV: The Sontaran Stratagem, The Poison Sky)
- The Doctor refers to the Lom. (COMIC: The Grief)
- The Edifice re-creates the mountains of Gallifrey and Chiswick from the memories of the Doctor and Donna.
- The Doctor says that he has no scarf. He had prievously worn scarves during his fourth (TV: Robot - Castrovalva) and seventh incarnations. (TV: Time and the Rani onwards)