The Final Phase was the seventh and final story in the second series of the Fourth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Nicholas Briggs and featured Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor, Mary Tamm as Romana I and John Leeson as K9.
Together with the previous story The Dalek Contract these two stories form a single narrative told over both releases. This was Mary Tamm's final audio story with Tom Baker.
Publisher's summary Edit
"The raw power of the very fabric of reality itself. And you dare to think you can conquer it?"
And as the countdown to the opening of the Quantum Gateway begins, the Daleks reveal their true intentions.
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Romana - Mary Tamm
- K9 - John Leeson
- Cuthbert - David Warner
- Mr Dorrick - Toby Hadoke
- Chidak - Dominic Mafham
- The Daleks / The Dalek Supreme - Nicholas Briggs
- Halka - Jane Slavin
- Security Man/Warrior - John Dorney
The Doctor's items Edit
- The Doctor believes that he left his Five Hundred Year Diary in the TARDIS' Cloister Room. However, Romana tells him that it is in the swimming pool.
- Cuthbert refers to President Sheridan Moorkurk as a "sanctimonious bitch."
- The Doctor believes that Cuthbert's existence may represent a temporal paradox.
- Although the Doctor tells Romana that he can return her to Gallifrey, she elects to continue travelling in the TARDIS.
- After searching for years, Cuthbert and Mr Dorrick discovered a dimensional fissure in the universe in the Proxima System.
- Cuthbert's experiments with the Quantum Gateway caused Proxima Major to be shifted out of its orbit.
- The Daleks intend to use the Quantum Gateway for the "conquest of infinity." Their dimension ship is necessary in order to do so.
- This was the final performance for Mary Tamm as Romana I before her death on 26 July 2012.
- This audio drama shares its title with Episode Four of The Space Museum.
- This audio story was recorded on 9 February 2012 at Audio Sorcery.
- Along with The Dalek Contract, this story was originally to feature Sarah Jane Smith, but was adapted to feature Romana I and K9 Mark III instead following Elisabeth Sladen's death. (BFX: The Dalek Contract)
- The Doctor goes to look for his Five Hundred Year Diary. (TV: The Power of the Daleks)
- Cuthbert tells the Dalek Supreme of his previous encounter with the Doctor on Earth. (AUDIO: The Sands of Life / War Against the Laan)
- Cuthbert refers to Romana as "Ramona" repeatedly. (AUDIO: The Dalek Contract)
- Romana tells Mr Dorrick that she was assigned to the Doctor. (TV: The Ribos Operation)
- The Doctor refers to the Battle of Hastings on 14 October 1066. During his first incarnation, he and his companions Vicki Pallister and Steven Taylor defeated a plot by the renegade Time Lord the Monk to alter history by allowing the Saxons to defeat the Normans in the battle. (TV: The Time Meddler) The Eighth Doctor and his companion Mary Shelley would later meet King Harold Godwinson during the battle. (AUDIO: Mary's Story)
- During her second incarnation, Romana would later encounter the Daleks for a second time on their homeworld Skaro. (TV: Destiny of the Daleks) After leaving the TARDIS and returning to Gallifrey, she was held prisoner by the Daleks for two decades before escaping with the help of the Sixth Doctor. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element) Later still, the Daleks invaded the Gallifrey of an alternative timeline while Romana was serving as its Supreme Leader. (AUDIO: Arbitration, Extermination)
- During the Daleks' second invasion of Gallifrey, Romana would once again encounter the Dalek Supreme. (AUDIO: Ascension)
- The Daleks attempt to conquer other universes. They would later look for a universe where the Daleks conquered everything, (AUDIO: Project Infinity) and invade the Gallifreys of alternate timelines via the Axis, (AUDIO: Extermination) before attempting to destroy all realities. (TV: Journey's End)