The Feast of Seven... Eight and Nine was the twenty-third short story in the Short Trips anthology Short Trips: A Christmas Treasury. It was written by Vanessa Bishop. It featured the first eight Doctors.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The First Doctor invites his other seven incarnations for Christmas dinner. There is a lot of drinking and arguing. Most of them praise the meal.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- First Doctor
- Second Doctor
- Third Doctor
- Fourth Doctor
- Fifth Doctor
- Sixth Doctor
- Seventh Doctor
- Eighth Doctor
References[edit | edit source]
- The Third Doctor sings "Good King Wenceslas".
- The Second Doctor brings Twister; the Seventh Doctor brings Scrabble.
- The Sixth Doctor brings Twiglets, crisps, dates, nuts and mince pies. The Fifth Doctor brings bottled water.
- The Eighth Doctor brings mistletoe.
- Omega is mentioned.
- Dinner is turkey.
- The Second Doctor plays his recorder.
- The Wizard of Oz and The Sound of Music are mentioned.
- The First Doctor wishes he had gone to visit Susan instead.
- The Seventh Doctor mentions Ace.
- The Second Doctor complains about the tinsel and the sprouts.
- The Eighth Doctor mentions Pudding Lane.
- The Second and Seventh Doctors pull on crackers.
- The Eighth Doctor namedrops Puccini.
- Only Fools and Horses and Morecambe and Wise play on the television.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story is written as a poem.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added