The Fall of Yquatine was the thirty-second novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Nick Walters, released 6 March 2000 and featured the Eighth Doctor, Fitz Kreiner and Compassion.
Publisher's summary Edit
Yquatine — cultural, political and economic centre of the Minerva System. A planet with a month to live.
Fitz knows. He was there when Yquatine fell. Now, trapped a month in the past, he doesn't know if the Doctor survived. He doesn't know where Compassion has gone. He doesn't know who the invaders will be.
But he does know the date and time when he will die with the millions of others.
The Doctor teams up with Lou Lombardo — part-time dodgy temporal gadget salesman and full-time pie seller. Compassion is lost in time and space. And Fitz is living out his final days working in a seedy cocktail bar, where he meets Arielle, the President's runaway girlfriend. But is she really the best person to shack up with?
As the Doctor tries to talk sense into the politicians and soldiers, and Compassion tries to avert the war, Fitz is about to discover that things can only get worse.
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Lou Lombardo
- President Stefan Vargeld
- Arielle Markhof
- Grand Gynarch
- Ralf Petersen
- The Doctor buys a Randomiser from his old friend Lou Lombardo.
- The Treaty of Yquatine was signed in the Earth year 2893 by all ten planets in the Minerva system.
- Planets in the Minerva system include: Yquatine, Kaillor (later New Anthaur), Ixtrice, Chitis, Adamantine, Beatrix, Zolion, Oomingmak Three, Rorclaavix, and Eldrig.
- Jaquaia is a month in the Yquatine calendar. Lannasirn was another month.
- Draconians and Ogri are present in the Minerva system.
- Languages translated by inmates of the Yendip Internment Centre during their rehabilitation included Adamantean, Draconian, Eldrig and Kukutsi.
- Vargeld likes a coffee that has an aftertaste.
to be added
- Chateau Yquatine is known as being a relatively good wine in PROSE: Dry Pilgrimage.
- Arielle sees a Saraani in Yendip. (PROSE: Dry Pilgrimage)
- The Doctor mentions giant rats whilst in the sewers of Yquatine. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- Arielle was inspired by Hamilton Smith. (PROSE: Dry Pilgrimage)
- Fitz remembers helping to save the creatures of the Dominion. (PROSE: Dominion)
- Fitz remembers Filippa. (PROSE: Parallel 59)
- The Fall of Yquatine at the Faction Paradox wiki
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Fall of Yquatine at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Fall of Yquatine