Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
The Faceless Ones was a novelisation based on the 1967 television serial The Faceless Ones.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Or does she? The girl at the Chameleon Tours desk looks like Polly, and even sounds like her, but she claims she comes from Zurich.
Chapter titles[edit | edit source]
- Obstruction on Runway Five
- The Suspects
- Man Without a Face
- The Transfer
- The Missing
- The Trap
- The Abductors
- The Secret of the Chameleons
- Death Ray
- The Traitor
- Flight Into Peril
- The Bluff
- The Deal
Deviations from televised story[edit | edit source]
- The sonic screwdriver appears quite a few times in this story, whereas on television it was not introduced until the later adventure Fury from the Deep.
- The Commandant is referred to on several occasions as "the Manager", with "Commandant" being a nickname rather than a title.
- The Director states that processed humans die and the transference becomes permanent in four weeks, explaining why the originals of the Chameleon Tours staff are left behind at Gatwick.
Writing and publishing notes[edit | edit source]
- Inside back cover colour details of Fantastic Doctor Who Poster Offers.
- The cover for the original Target Books edition featured the artwork of David McAllister.
Additional cover images[edit | edit source]
British publication history[edit | edit source]
- Hardback (December 1986)
- W.H.Allen & Co. Ltd. UK ISBN:0491036922, copies priced £7.25 (UK))
- Paperback (May 1987)
- Target / W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. Single paperback edition, estimated print run: 32,500, priced £1.80 (UK).
Audiobook[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
to be added
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.