- You may be looking for the short story of the same name.
The End of the Beginning was the 275th and final audio story in Big Finish's The Monthly Adventures. It was written by Robert Valentine and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor, Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor, Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Mark Strickson as Turlough, Miranda Raison as Constance Clarke, and India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard.
The Universe is in a state of crisis, facing destruction from the results of a strange spatio-temporal event. And the Doctor is involved in three different incarnations - each caught up in a deadly adventure, scattered across time and space.
The whole of creation is threatened - and someone is hunting the Doctor. The three incarnations of the Doctor must join together to confront their implacable pursuer - but in doing so will they unleash a still greater threat?
Death and the Desert
to be added
Flight of the Blackstar
to be added
to be added
The Lost Moon
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Turlough - Mark Strickson
- Constance Clarke - Miranda Raison
- Charlotte Pollard - India Fisher
- Calypso Jonze - Robyn Holdaway
- Dwayne Pherber - Kieran Bew
- Highgate - Tim Faulkner
- John Quarrington - Richard Goulding
- Ibrahim - Youssef Kerkour
- El Zeddo / Freebooters - Glen McCready
- Vakrass - Kevin McNally
- Gostak - David Schofield
- The Death Lords were an ancient order of ruthless warriors.
- The Eighth Doctor uses black light to kill vampires.
- Gridium is mined on Titan.
- Vakrass considers love to be a virus and makes it his mission to spread it throughout the universe, doing good deeds.
- This was the final release in Big Finish Productions' The Monthly Adventures, which had been running consistently since 1999. To reflect this, the summary given for this story was very similar to the one given for The Sirens of Time, the range's first release, in which the Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Doctors were similarly given their own individual episodes before joining together in the final episode. In this instance, the Fifth, Sixth, and Eighth Doctors received their own individual episodes before coming together with the Seventh Doctor for the final episode.
- Part 1 of the story was released for free for subscribers of Big Finish's email newsletter, a week before the rest was available to order.
- This story was recorded remotely on 15 and 20 October 2020.
- While Lisa Greenwood doesn't feature in the cast, Flip is travelling with the Sixth Doctor and Constance in their individual episode of the story, but is comatose and hospitalised.
- Each respective part represents the themes of the respective Doctor, for Part One it represents Peter Howell's Theme for the Fifth Doctor, Part Two Dominic Glynn's theme for The Sixth Doctor, Part Three David Arnold's Theme for The Eighth Doctor and for a call back to The Sirens of Time, the original Big Finish Doctor Who theme was played once more for the final part of Delia Derbyshire's version of the theme returning once more for all the Doctors of this multi-doctor event.
- The Sixth Doctor has the final line of the Monthly Adventures: "It's good to be reminded once again that the years haven't dimmed us. Well then, enough chat everyone. It's time we were off on some new adventures."
- Although his memory of the event is hazy, the Fifth Doctor recalls sharing an adventure with Charley. (AUDIO: The Light at the End)
- The Sixth Doctor has a vague memory of Charley, but cannot place his finger on it. (AUDIO: The Condemned, Blue Forgotten Planet)
- The Sixth Doctor calls upon the help of Calypso Jonze. (AUDIO: The Lovecraft Invasion)
- The Eighth Doctor considers himself an expert when it comes to Vampires. (PROSE: Vampire Science)
- The Eighth Doctor lands in 1999 which he describes as fine for him, as long as he avoids San Francisco (TV: Doctor Who) and Dagenham.