The Eleventh Doctor was a special episode of Doctor Who Confidential broadcast to announce the casting of Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor. Like One Year On, this special does not feature any particular Doctor Who episode. Instead, it features clips and discussions regarding every past Doctor, which led up to the announcement about the Eleventh.
This was the final episode of Confidential to be made in standard definition.
Aspects of production covered Edit
- Countdown to reveal who is playing the Eleventh Doctor
- A look back at the Doctor's outfit from each of his incarnations
- The Eighth Doctor's romance with Grace Holloway, the Tenth Doctor's with Rose Tyler, and the Tenth's strained relationship with Martha Jones
- The return of Doctor Who in 2005 and the casting of Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant as the Ninth and Tenth Doctors
- Behind the scenes of The Christmas Invasion
- Speculation that David Morrissey would become the Eleventh Doctor
- The "grandfather figure" that the First Doctor portrayed, and the major change of personality during the Second Doctor era
- The Third Doctor being portrayed as the "action hero"
- The eccentricity of the Fourth Doctor
- The youthfulness of the Fifth Doctor
- Doctor Who in the late 1980s, with the Sixth and Seventh Doctors
- The very short tenure of Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor (on television)
Additional topics covered Edit
to be added
People interviewed Edit
Music list Edit
- "Never Miss A Beat" by Kaiser Chiefs (Used in the trailer for the episode)
- "Life In Technicolor" by Coldplay, Album: Viva La Vida
- "Spiralling" by Keane, Album: Digital Music
- "Spiralling" by Keane, Album: Perfect Symmetry
- "Spaceman" by The Killers, Album: Day And Age
- "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" by The Kinks, Album: The Ultimate Collection
- "Kiss You Off" by Scissor Sisters, Album: Kiss You Off (Single)
- "Walls Come Tumbling Down" by The Style Council, Album: Our Favourite Shop
- "Thnks fr th Mmrs" by Fall out Boy, Album: Infinity on High
to be added
Elements retained in Cut Down Edit
There was no "Cut Down" version of this episode.
Home video releases Edit
As of March 2019 no version of the episode is available commercially.