- You may be looking for The Eleven.
The Eleven was the first story of Doom Coalition 1.
As its title would imply, this story introduced Mark Bonnar as the Eleven, a villain who would go on to appear through Doom Coalition and Ravenous. It also introduced Robert Bathurst as Cardinal Padrac, a recurring character who would rise to prominence in Doom Coalition 4.
The Doctor is recalled to his homeworld to lead the hunt. As they search the Capitol's corridors of power, the Academy halls and the cells of the highest security penitentiary, Liv realises the worst monsters may be among the Doctor's own people.
For inside his fractured mind, the Eleven has a plan. And its deadly consequences will extend through space and time...
The Seventh Doctor visits the Eleven, whom he has stopped and trapped, before he is locked away by the Time Lords. Cardinal Padrac calls the Doctor, letting him know that the President has one final task for him, and the Eleven is frozen, shouting that it will be child's play to escape.
Kiana interviews the Eleven, whom the Castellan, watching over a camera, believes is toying with her. She asks about his regenerative dissonance, wondering if it was caused by some trauma, and talks to a number of his previous incarnations.
The Doctor and Liv manage to locate the TARDIS.
Feeling that the Eleven is getting bored with Kiani, the Castellan sends a guard detail to the cell. The monitor feed suddenly cuts out and the Castellan finds Kiani unconscious and the Eleven missing, ordering someone to inform Cardinal Padrac.
The Doctor and Liv enter the TARDIS which dematerialises without warning, having been summoned to Gallifrey. They meet Cardinal Padrac and Farina who tell them about the Eleven's escape. Unbeknownst to them, the Eleven has killed two guards in the tunnels and taken two stasers. When Liv says that she can see the Eleven escape in the footage, the Doctor realises that he used an eye filter.
Whilst Liv and Cardinal Padrac search Kiani's quarters at the Time Lord Academy, the Doctor and Farina visit Kiani to determine her involvement in the escape of the Eleven, who kills a captain and takes some of his possessions. The Doctor realises that they are wasting their time with Kiani, whom the Eleven has left alive for that very purpose.
Cardinal Padrac tells Liv about President Romanadvoratrelundar before finding more biochips in Kiani's room. Whilst Farina sees this as damning, the Doctor believes that they were planted by somebody wanting to take down Romana's progressive regime. The Eleven broadcasts a message across Gallifrey, declaring himself Acting Lord President under the in absentia in chaotica protocol.
Time grenades materialise around the Capitol and primary power is lost, releasing criminals from the prison, but the Doctor, Farina and Kiani manage to escape thanks to Kiani's knowledge of the facility. Whilst the Doctor realises that the Castellan has been hypnotised since before he was an ensign, Liv and Cardinal Padrac enter the Academy through a secret tunnel and the Eleven takes the cardinal hostage. Liv takes Cardinal Padrac's place and tells him to alert the Doctor.
Once Farina and her CIA agents have infiltrated the president's office with lock burners, the Eleven uses the Sash of Rassilon to neutralise them, killing the agents and putting the mind probe on Farina to extract her knowledge. As the Castellan breaks into the office, the Eleven takes Liv to the Omega Vault and smashes the Urn of Rassilon, leaving with the Regeneration Codex. Kiani determines that the Eleven will steal a TARDIS and flee Gallifrey.
Cardinal Padrac informs the Doctor that the Eleven's TARDIS cannot be traced but that a temporal anomaly became apparent on 1960s Earth at the instant of his departure. Feeling guilty for the Eleven's escape, the Doctor says that it is his responsibility to recapture him and invites Liv to join him, which she accepts.
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- The Eleven - Mark Bonnar
- Castellan - Ramon Tikaram
- Lady Farina - Caroline Langrishe
- Kiani - Bethan Walker
- Cardinal Padrac - Robert Bathurst
- Captain - John Banks
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- The Eleven presides over the throne of Rassilon.
- The Doctor knew Padrac in the Academy.
- Niv Debner leads the Temporal Marauders.
- Dita, Landa and Shimona are CIA agents.
- Arcadia is used as an exclamation as a name in vain.
- The Eleven uses the in absentia in chaotica protocol, which dates back to Pandak II, to declare himself Acting Lord President as the best-placed official to take on the mantle in the president's absence.
- The One was inducted onto the High Council to make up the numbers to pass through inheritance laws and temporal taxation bills.
- The Doctor and Liv visit Destrana.
- The Castellan tells Kiana that visiting the Eleven is not a trip to the xeno-zoo.
- The Eleven is held at the Capitol prison facility, on which Kiani wrote a dissertation called Imprisonment Post-Shada: Punishment or Parole. The room where the Eleven is interviewed has a five level security lock on the inner and outer cell doors and is phased from Gallifreyan Mean Time by 0.35 seconds.
- Kiani is put in Cell 5-γ-9, a maximum security cell.
- The items the Eleven steals include the Rod of Rassilon, the Sash of Rassilon and the Urn of Rassilon, which he destroys.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- Padrac says that the President has one more task for the Seventh Doctor before he leaves Gallifrey. (PROSE: Lungbarrow, TV: Doctor Who)
- Kiani wrote her first year dissertation on imprisonment post-Shada. (WC: Shada)
- The Doctor tells Liv that the Time Lords have often pointed guns at him upon his arrival. (TV: Arc of Infinity, etc.)
- Liv refers to the "hat and umbrella" incarnation of the Doctor. (AUDIO: Robophobia)
- Liv believes she has met some of the Doctor's old friends from Gallifrey. (AUDIO: Eyes of the Master)
- Liv says she has met the Daleks. (AUDIO: The Traitor, etc.)
- Farina mentions the reforms which occurred President Romana's first term of office, which allowed non-Gallifreyans to study at the Time Lord Academy. (AUDIO: Pandora)
- Padrac refers to some of the Doctor's former companions becoming "warriors, leaders [and] defenders of worlds." (TV: The Savages, The Ultimate Foe, etc.)
- The Doctor refers to previous conspiracies on Gallifrey. (TV: The Deadly Assassin, The Five Doctors etc.)
- The CIA attempt to use the mind probe on the Eleven. (TV: The Five Doctors)
- The Eleven is scornful of the Daleks' capabilities when compared to those of the Time Lords. (PROSE: Alien Bodies)
- The Eleven has the ability to turn off temporal grace. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Eleven uses a tune to open a secret door. (TV: The Five Doctors)
- Padrac says the Doctor leaving Gallifrey was more urgent than him just being bored. (AUDIO: The Beginning, Disassembled, TV: Heaven Sent, etc.)
- Padrac mentions that the Chief Archivist has gone missing. (AUDIO: Scenes From Her Life, The Crucible of Souls)
- Transcript for The Eleven