Summary[edit | edit source]
Games teacher Pippa helps the Doctor when an Easter Egg hunt turns nasty with the arrival of Astro-raptor eggs land and hatch.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The TARDIS lands in an English village, where the Doctor is hoping to join in an Easter egg hunt but finds out there is no one about. The Doctor goes off to investigate and finds large cracked eggs, lying around on the ground. After using the sonic screwdriver, he finds out that the eggs are alien. All of a sudden, the Doctor gets attacked by monster birds that come in all sorts of different colours that the Doctor guesses came from the eggs. Suddenly, a woman appears and chases the birds away with a hockey stick. The woman leads the Doctor away to a tool shed to hide. The woman is called Pippa and is a games teacher at the school. Pippa explains that there was a meteor shower of eggs the previous night. The eggs had hatched and the bird-creatures that emerged went hunting for the chocolate Easter eggs before hunting the villagers who had taken to hiding indoors. The Doctor realises that the creatures are Astro-raptors, creatures that invade worlds and eat everything in sight. Using the chocolate eggs that had been hidden away for the Easter egg hunt, the Doctor leaves a trail of the chocolate eggs to the TARDIS and, sensing the chocolate, the Raptors follow the trail and then follow Pippa and the Doctor inside. The Astro-Raptors fly around inside the TARDIS, whilst the Doctor flies the TARDIS to an alien world of floating islands for the Raptors to perch on up amongst the clouds with plenty for them to eat. With the Raptors re-settled the Doctor and Pippa enter the TARDIS again, to return to Earth, hopefully finding some Easter eggs left to eat.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story sees a one-off travelling companion for the Eleventh Doctor in the TARDIS.
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 313 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK. MOULDY MONSTER MAYHEM!
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor mentions having a liking for hockey. The Doctor was also fond of cricket, (TV: Black Orchid, Human Nature) football (TV: The Lodger) and skiing. (COMIC: Snowball!)
- The Doctor has an interest in Easter. (TV: Planet of the Dead)
- The Doctor's new clothing is shown in TV: The Snowmen and The Bells of Saint John.