The Edge of Reality is a 2021 console video game developed by Maze Theory and published by Playstack. It features the Thirteenth Doctor's voice performed by Jodie Whittaker. It is an expanded continuation of the 2019 virtual reality game The Edge of Time, providing mostly the same experience with a few changes as well as an extra chapter to the story, featuring David Tennant voicing the Tenth Doctor and a new foe known as the CyberReaper.
Wield the sonic screwdriver as you join the Thirteenth Doctor (voiced by Jodie Whittaker) on a quest to save the universe, and meet the Tenth Doctor along the way (voiced by David Tennant in a guest appearance).
Experience an unforgettable adventure through space and time, face terrifying monsters and solve a mind-bending mystery!
to be added
- The Doctor - Jodie Whittaker
- Tenth Doctor - David Tennant
- Emer - Jennifer Saayeng [source needed]
- TBA - James Goode
- The First - Adjoa Andoh [source needed]
- Daleks, Cybermen - Nick Briggs [source needed]
- TBA - Amy Matthiessen
- TBA - Cosima Wagner
to be added
- The Doctor says her "Spidey sense" is tingling. The Twelfth Doctor previously had no clue who Spider-Man was in The Return of Doctor Mysterio. implying that the Twelfth or Thirteenth Doctor eventually took an interest or was introduced to the comics by someone in Team TARDIS.
- The Doctor mentions Magnus Greel, whose tome cabinet holds the second Zeiton-7 crystal.
- Stenza and Zygons have used Hydrocs as guard dogs before; carnivorous beasts with a taste for humans.
- The Doctor recognizes Emer as "an emergent new lifeform".
- Emer's AI is uploaded to the sonic screwdriver. River Song's mind was likewise uploaded into her own sonic screwdriver in the Library.
- The Tenth Doctor mentions Romana, Susan, Jamie, Sarah and Adric.
- Skaro, Gallifrey and UNIT HQ get mentioned.
- The Doctor mentions "cities made of song", a callback to Survival's ending speech by the Seventh Doctor.
- The Tenth Doctor says "I really want to go" show Emer the uniberse. A clear joke about his final words "I don't want to go" in The End of Time.
- The First acts similar to Perpetua from the DC comics, where she created a universe and went "inactive". When she woke up, she displeased with what had become of the universe and decided to recreate it. The First's reality virus acts similar to Perpetua's godly power.
- It's confirmed only Metebelis III is a dangerous planet, sitting between Metebelis I through IV.
- The Doctor has been trapped without the TARDIS numerous times before and had to use others' help to get it back.
- In a broken reality, the Tenth Doctor married Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson.
- The Doctor once again makes the companion make a difficult choice since she doesn't want to do it.