The Dying Light was the sixth story of the eighth series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Nick Wallace and featured Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Heriot.
It was the second story of a Companion Chronicles trilogy released by Big Finish Productions in November 2013—January 2014 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the show. This trilogy was centred around the character of Quadrigger Stoyn introduced in The Beginning. The trilogy was concluded in Luna Romana.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
But little here is quite what it seems.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Part one[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part two[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Stoyn longs to return to Gallifrey.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was recorded on 7 November 2012 at The Moat Studios.
- This is a second in a trilogy of stories commemorating Doctor Who's 50th anniversary, beginning in The Beginning and concluding in Luna Romana.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Jamie mentions that he, the Doctor and Zoe witnessed a volcanic eruption on Dulkis. (TV: The Dominators)
- Stoyn refers to the fact that Jamie left Scotland in April 1746 (TV: The Highlanders) and visited the Moon in 2070 (TV: The Moonbase) and that Zoe left Space Station W3 in 2079 (TV: The Wheel in Space) and subsequently visited Earth. (TV: The Invasion)
- Listing Zoe's travels, Stoyn also mentions Null-Space. (AUDIO: The Ghosts of N-Space, PROSE: The Ghosts of N-Space)
- Stoyn claims that it has been thousands of years since he last saw the Doctor. (AUDIO: The Beginning)
- Stoyn tells Jamie and Zoe that he and the Doctor came from a "race of gods" but the Doctor committed "blasphemy" by leaving their society. (AUDIO: The Beginning)
- The six squares used in Stoyn's beacon resemble the components of a hypercube. After the beacon is disabled, the Doctor pockets the squares, implying that they are the same hypercube components later used by the Second Doctor to contact the Time Lords. (TV: The War Games)
[edit | edit source]