The Drowned World was the first story of the fourth series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Simon Guerrier and featured Sara Kingdom.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
To the Elders of this ruined world, Sara is a ghost, a phantom that must be excised. She must prove her right to exist, and she does so with stories. Stories of a time when she travelled the universe with an ancient Doctor and his heroic companion Steven inside a magical space/time ship called the TARDIS.
And one story in particular could make a difference. The one about their trip to a world covered in water, where a human expedition is being wiped out. It's a battle to survive, as the travellers face the horrors of the drowned world...
Plot[edit | edit source]
The Rising Tide (1)[edit | edit source]
to be added
The Drowned World (2)[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- "The Drowned World" is the name of a 1962 science fiction novel by J.G. Ballard.
- Unusually, the frame story takes place over the course of approximately twelve years.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 March 2009.
- This story is set between episodes seven and eight of The Daleks' Master Plan.
- This story was originally released on CD and download on 28 July 2009.
- This story is told from Sara's perspective.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Robert once again relates the story of the Doctor, Steven and Sara's first visit to the intelligent house in Ely a thousand years earlier. (AUDIO: Home Truths)
- Sara once again mentions to Robert that during her travels with the Doctor and Steven, she visited Hollywood in 1921 (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan), that a small boy, who was also named Robert, died in her arms on Mars (PROSE: The Little Drummer Boy) and that she encountered a withered old man who was trapped in the workings of a clock (AUDIO: The Guardian of the Solar System).
- Sara and Robert discuss her visit to the intelligent house in Ely a thousand years earlier. (AUDIO: Home Truths)
- Robert's daughter remained with him in the house for ten years before deciding to leave to explore the outside world. (AUDIO: The Guardian of the Solar System)
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]