Summary[edit | edit source]
One of the strangest sections of the Shakespeare Notebooks comprises a form of "dream diary", in which he apparently recorded characters, situations and images that had come to him in his sleep.
Of particular interest is the entry for 24 June 1594 - the midsummer night's dream that inspired one of his well-loved plays, which appears to have been born entirely from his imagination...
Characters[edit | edit source]
- First Doctor
- Butterfly King Hrobron
- Butterfly Queen Tetynia
- Field Major Kryntz
- Fabricator Stombot
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor is travelling with Steven Taylor and Dodo Chaplet, but became separated from them while on Vortis.
- Taron is a moon of Vortis.
- In the live reconstruction of the Fang Rock lighthouse event, Stombot is cast as the Fourth Doctor, Flaxis is Leela, Starvel is Vince Hawkins, Stoun is Lord Henry Palmerdale, Kryntz is Colonel James Skinsale and Snarg is the Rutan.
- Shakespeare sees the Sontarans as "War-Goblins", the Doctor as a "White-Haired Old Doctor", and the Rutan Host as a "Green-Eyed Monster".
Notes[edit | edit source]
to be added
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Sontarans perform a live reconstruction of a Rutan's death at Fang Rock, entitled The Most Glorious Defeat and Most Deserv'd Death of the Trifling Rutan Foe at Fang Rock. It was made to demonstrate the Rutans' "feebleness" against "puny subspecies". (TV: Horror of Fang Rock)