The Doomwood Curse was the one hundred and eleventh story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Jacqueline Rayner and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard.
Publisher's summary Edit
Curses and tombs, revenge from beyond the grave — and Dick Turpin!
England, 1738. On the trail of a lost book, the Doctor and Charley arrive at the beautiful country estate of Sir Ralph and Lady Sybil. But all is far from idyllic. There's a murderer on the loose, and the nearby woods are the haunt of the notorious highwayman Dick Turpin.
And that's not all. Something else has journeyed here. Something that could destroy the very fabric of reality. The Doctor and Charley have just forty-eight hours to solve the mystery before the whole world succumbs to The Doomwood Curse.
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- Dick Turpin - Nicky Henson
- John - Jonathan Firth
- Eleanor - Hayley Atwell
- Sir Ralph - Trevor Cooper
- Lady Sybil - Geraldine Newman
- Susan - Daisy Douglas
- Molly - Suzie Chard
- The Doctor is returning a copy of Harrison Ainsworth's romantic novel Rookwood to the Archive of Alexandria IV, which is 300 years past its due date.
- The Doctor has met Capability Brown.
- This is the first appearance of the Grel in Doctor Who itself. All of the previous appearance occurred in the Bernice Summerfield novel and audio drama series.
- An illustrated preview by Brian Williamson appeared in DWM 398 for this story.
- Charley Pollard is referred to in this story and others as being fair-haired, but this story's cover art portrays her as a brunette without explanation. The story itself takes place in a world where Charley herself is partially a fictional character, so this might be influenced by it.
- This audio drama was recorded on 21 and 22 May 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- Charley has only recently joined the Sixth Doctor on his travels after parting ways with the Eighth Doctor in AUDIO: The Girl Who Never Was and joining the Sixth on her first adventure in AUDIO: The Condemned.
- The Grel first appeared in PROSE: Oh No It Isn't!
- Official The Doomwood Curse page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Doomwood Curse at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide