"When the river is gone, ships shall sail in the sky, monsters bring fire from the heavens. All will fall into a grey and endless sea, and Doomsday has come."
Florence, the sixteenth century: no one thought to pay much attention to the prophecies of the so-called seer Michel de Nostradame, otherwise known as Nostradamus. Until the canals of Venice dried. Until the soothsayer's sayings started coming true...
Because Master Nostradamus is right, in all respects. The end of the world is nigh. The ships are coming. The monsters are coming. The fire is coming. There's only one thing he didn't see coming, in fact: the sudden apparition of a certain strange Doctor, in his even stranger TARDIS. Today, the Earth dies screaming. And all the Doctor can do is watch.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Nostradamus/Conclave Leader - David Schofield
- Brors/Captain of the Guard/Bernardo - John Banks
- Garilund/Computer Voice - Caroline Keiff
- Kren/Second Nuncio - Derek Carlyle
- Larrett/Milo/First Nuncio - Nicholas Chambers
- The Poldagons are aware of Gallifrey, the Time Lords, and TARDISes.
- Nostradamus mistakenly believes that Gallifrey is located in the south of France.
- The Doctor claims to have once helped the reigning Duke of Medici's great-great-great-grandfather during a spot of bother with the Borgias.
- The Doctor tries to visit the planet Celdor.
- The Poldagon are able to recreate the lost jungle of Rolagtha, Celdor, and 1560 Earth.
- This audio drama was recorded on 2 and 3 March 2011 at the Moat Studios.
- Subscribers whose subscriptions included this story also received the audio short story Neptune.
- This story was originally released on CD and download on 13 September 2011.
- The Doctor mentions that Nostradamus' wife once knitted him a "rather fetching scarf". (TV: The Ark in Space)
- The Doctor asks, "You were expecting someone else?" (TV: The Caves of Androzani)
- Official The Doomsday Quatrain page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Doomsday Quatrain at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide