The Dollhouse was the fourteenth story in the Torchwood audio series by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Juno Dawson and featured Laila Pyne as Marlow Sweet, Kelly-Anne Lyons as Charley Du Bujeau and Ajjaz Awad as Gabi Martinez.
Publisher's summary Edit
So many young girls come to this city hoping for something better. For some, luck is just around the corner. For others that golden ticket never arrives and they just fade away.
But it’s not that simple. Everyone has a value to someone, and Torchwood are about to discover Hollywood’s darkest secret.
to be added
- Marlow Sweet - Laila Pyne
- Charley Du Bujeau - Kelly-Anne Lyons
- Gabi Martinez - Ajjaz Awad
- Don Donohue - Stuart Milligan
- Valerie Fox - Eve Webster
- Brad - David Menkin
- Mr Beamish - Guy Adams
- Torchwood Los Angeles's British contact praises their plan to infiltrate Donohue's operation, saying "it sounds the kind of foolhardy stunt our Captain Harkness would attempt".
- Mr Donahue calls Marlow a "coloured broad".
- Donahue is selling women injected with living plastic as dolls to the rich.
- While flying the alien spaceship, Gabi clips the D of the Hollywood sign.
- Following Charley's death, Valerie Fox joins Torchwood Los Angeles.
- Replacing the standard Torchwood audio theme introduction is an opening that introduces the members of Torchwood LA individually, reminiscent of the show Charlie's Angels.
- The girls mention Roswell and Area 51. (TV: Dreamland, Prisoner of the Judoon)
- Gabi mentions an encounter with a Terileptil spaceship. (TV: The Visitation)