Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"Retrocausation! Events before their cause. Time in reverse."
While investigating a temporal anomaly in Central London, the Doctor and Jo Grant meet Professor Harold Saunders, a man who possesses an unstable alien artefact, and who is seemingly haunted by the ghosts of dolls.
Who is the mysterious Mrs Killebrew? Why is a pack of hounds hunting them in reverse? And can Jo pick up any bargains while backwards shopping on Oxford Street?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jo is concerned about her husband Clifford Jones' blood pressure.
- Jo is staying in a London hotel as she is attending a climate conference.
- According to Jo, alien invasions always seemed to occur on Fridays.
- Mike Yates refers to Jo as "Jemima Bond, Licence to Spill."
- Jo was 18 years old when she began working for UNIT.
- In the National Museum, the Doctor indicates an Egyptian mummy to Jo, claiming that he knew the person in question in life.
- By the 2000s, UNIT HQ has become the embassy of an Eastern European country.
- The Doctor is now a British citizen.
- Benton has recently bought a new Allegro.
- Benton refers to the IRA.
- As a child, Jo had "an army of gonks and trolls" but even then found dolls creepy.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This was the first time that Katy Manning had reprised her role as Jo Grant since her departure in the television story The Green Death in 1973.
- This audio drama was recorded on 23 May 2008.
- This story is set between The Dæmons and Day of the Daleks.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Jo refers to being hypnotised by the Master. (TV: Terror of the Autons)
- After their encounter with Mrs Killebrew, the Doctor and Jo were sent to Zayin Eight in the far future by the Time Lords. (AUDIO: The Mists of Time)
- Polly Wright would later read about this incident on Jo's blog. (AUDIO: The Three Companions)
[edit | edit source]