The Doctor and the Nurse was a two-issue comic story from the Doctor Who (2012) range.
The stress from their past few adventures have the Doctor and Rory at each other's throats, and Amy has had just about enough. So she sends them on a boy's night out, must to their chagrin, but with a TARDIS at their disposal.
to be added
- The London Beer Flood is a fixed point in time which the Silence seek to preserve.
- The Doctor mentions the Great Boston Molasses Disaster.
- In a flashback, the TARDIS team visits Hipponensis 3 in 7213, where they are chased by the Siblinghood of Saint Augustine, Physicist, who are "presentists".
- The TARDIS is attacked with a chronomagnetic pulse.
- In London, both in 1814 and 1940, the TARDIS is parked by the parish of St Giles in the Fields, with the future Tottenham Court Road tube station "just around the corner".
- While trying to get back to Amy in 1814, the TARDIS pays a visit to:
- London, 17 October 1940, during the London Blitz.
- Los Angeles, California, circa 33,000 BC.
- Dunlop Station, 2133.
- London, 1588.
- A futuristic city.
- Japan, near a 5-storey pagoda and a torii gate.
- A pink planet.
- Machu Picchu.
- The Moon, post-1969.
- New York City (miniturised), 1930s.
- Roald Dahl Plass, Cardiff, 2013, to refuel.
- Back to the Moon, while the TARDIS recovers in sleep mode.
- Finally, 17 October 1814, in the middle of the War of 1812.
- In the end, the Doctor and Rory return the TARDIS to the original alley in London, near St Giles in the Fields, where they're confronted by Amy.
to be added
- The Doctor opens the TARDIS doors by snapping his fingers. (TV: Forest of the Dead)
- Rory mentions the time the Doctor came back for Amy 36 years too late. (TV: The Girl Who Waited)
- The TARDIS has a fast return lever, which appears to be either a new name or a replacement for the fast return switch. (TV: The Edge of Destruction)
- The TARDIS previously became stuck in a tar pit in PROSE: Blood Heat.
- The Doctor has visited Machu Picchu before. (COMIC: Hitching Point)
- The Doctor refuels the TARDIS at the Cardiff Space-Time Rift at Roald Dahl Plass. (TV: Boom Town) Though the rift had apparently closed beforehand in 2009, (AUDIO: The House of the Dead) temporal disturbances were shown to persist in 2017. (AUDIO: More Than This)
- Amy mentions (and demonstrates) her tendency to accidentally fire handguns when holding them. (TV: A Town Called Mercy)
- When Rory thinks they've landed in 1812, and suggests that he'll live through the two years until they sync up with Amy, the Doctor calls him "Rory the Roman". (TV: The Big Bang)