The Death Pit was the first short story in the Time Trips series of e-books.
Something odd is going on at the Fetch Brothers Golf Spa Hotel. Receptionist Bryony Mailer has noticed a definite tendency towards disappearance amongst the guests. She's tried talking to the manager, she's even tried talking to the owner who lives in one of the best cottages in the grounds, but to no avail. And then a tall, loping remarkably energetic guest (wearing a fetching scarf and floppy hat) appears. The Fourth Doctor thinks he's in Chicago. He knows he's in 1978. And he also knows that if he doesn't do something very clever very soon, matters will get very, very out of hand.
to be added
- Fourth Doctor
- Bryony Mailer
- Ian Patterson
- David Agnew
- Xavier Fetch
- Honor Fetch
- Julia Fetch
- Mr Mangold
- Paul Harris
- This story takes place after The Deadly Assassin when the Fourth Doctor is without a companion.
- The TARDIS does not appear in this story.
- The Doctor mentions Maillindian Fever Beans.
- The name 'David Agnew' had been used as the credited writer for The Invasion of Time and City of Death.
- This short story would later on be extended and adapted into the full-length novel The Drosten's Curse.