- You may be looking for Deadline (audio story).
Publisher summary Edit
When a hospital is inundated with patients that have fallen into coma-like trances, Torchwood move in to investigate. They find that the trances were triggered by phone calls, all of which were made from a number that hadn't been active for over 30 years. Determined to find out who's been calling the unfortunate victims, Jack rings the mysterious number — two, zero, five, nine — nothing. It's a dead line. Until it calls Jack back, he answers — and falls into a deep trance. The team race against time to find the source of the "infection" and save the patients.
to be added
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Gwen Cooper - Eve Myles
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Rhys Williams - Kai Owen
- Stella Courtney - Dona Croll
- Jan - Eiry Thomas
- Bob - Matthew Gravelle
- Tyler - Brendan Charleson
- Rhys says that Captain Jack is similar to Captain Scarlet in that they both cannot die.
- The Cardiff Rift is capable of interfering with weather and causing freak meteorological events to occur that others do not foresee.
- Stella says that Jack might start dancing, "and you were never John Travolta." "Hey! I was the Saturday Night Fever!"
Download and CD release Edit
- The story is also available as a download from the AudioGo website.
- Lost Souls, Asylum, Golden Age and The Dead Line were released, both individually and together as a four-disc collected box set entitled The Radio Adventures.
- Rhys recalls the events of TV: Meat and Something Borrowed.
- Ianto's comments to the comatose Jack about not expecting to live very long foreshadows his fate in TV: Children of Earth.
- Rhys and Gwen discuss buying a new home; this leads into TV: Children of Earth: Day One which shows Rhys in the process of house-hunting.
- Ianto comes to term with the fact that Jack has had and will have other lovers in his long life. (TV: The Empty Child, Small Worlds, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, The End of Time, Dead of Night, Immortal Sins; AUDIO: Golden Age, One Enchanted Evening, R&J)