The Daughters of Earth was the twelfth novel in the Lethbridge-Stewart series.
Publisher's summary Edit
To celebrate Lethbridge-Stewart's birthday, a romantic weekend is planned for him and Sally in a remote cottage in the Scottish Highlands. Unfortunately for Sally, freak weather causes her to crash her car.
Lethbridge-Stewart, meanwhile, is in Cairngorm investigating UFO sightings. Elsewhere, the Daughters of Earth, a women-only peace movement, are making waves in the political world, but just who is their enigmatic leader? And what links the Daughters with the events of Cairngorm and Sally's accident?
to be added
- Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart
- Anne Travers
- William Bishop
- Sally Wright
- Jean Maddox
- Judith Edgley
- Carol Walker
- to be completed
- Fergus Lethbridge-Stewart fought alongside Arthur Wellesley in the Battle of Waterloo in 1815.
- Lethbridge-Stewart drives a Land Rover.
to be added
- Anne is trying to come to terms with the death of her father. (PROSE: Night of the Intelligence) She has yet to tell Alun Travers of this. (PROSE: One Cold Step)
- Lethbridge-Stewart recalls that his last holiday in New York quickly turned into work. (PROSE: Times Squared)
- Sallys says that her relationship with Lethbridge-Stewart became more difficult after the London Event. (TV: The Web of Fear)