The Dark Husband was the one hundred and sixth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by David Quantick and featured Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor, Sophie Aldred as Ace and Philip Olivier as Hex.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"This whole wedding is like making a nuclear bomb with half the instructions missing!"
A week-long respite from a prolonged and bloody war, the Festival of the Twin Moons of Tuin makes Glastonbury look like a church fete... or so the brochure says. The Doctor and Ace are looking for rest and recreation. Hex is looking for the beer tent. But eternal enemies the ginger-haired Ri and the coot-bald Ir are plotting to turn their Festival truce to their own advantage. Only the Dark Husband might stop the celebrations turning to horror... but who is the Dark Husband? And what terror awaits him on his wedding night?
If anyone knows any just cause or impediment... speak now. The lives of billions depend on it.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- Ori - Danny Webb
- Irit - Andy B Newb
- Tuin - Benny Dawb
- Bard - Katarina Olsson
- Bard - Sean Connolly
References[edit | edit source]
Culture[edit | edit source]
Foods and beverages[edit | edit source]
- Tuin is known as the "Brewery of the Galaxy" as its beer houses boast 1,400 different varieties of ale.
Music[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Andy B Newb and Benny Dawb, credited as playing Irit and Tuin, are anagrams of Danny Webb.
- This audio drama was recorded on 18 and 21 December 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- This story is set after Survival.
- This story was originally released on CD and download.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Dark Husband page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Dark Husband at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide