Publisher's summary Edit
2011 and Brigadier William Bishop visits his old commanding officer, Brigadier Sir Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart, who is a little concerned about a garden gnome he recently found. Soon both Bishop and his wife, Anne Travers, find themselves dragged through time after the Brigadier…
He’s a man on a mission. But he has no idea what the mission is. It’s 1999. Bill Bishop is plunged into a world of intrigue as he inhabits the body of Calum Bence of Department M – aka the Danger Men – on the trail of millionaire entrepreneur and suspected super-spy Dieter Allegro.
As he seeks these answers, Bill can’t help but wonder: will he ever find Anne and the Brigadier, will he even return to 2011, or is he destined to be lost in time forever?
to be added
- Sir Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart
- Dame Anne Bishop
- Colonel/Brigadier William Bishop
- Calum Bence
- Dieter Allegro
- Otto Di Catania
- Harold Chorley
- Victoria Smith
- Stella Van Steiner
- Sir Gerard
- Miss Devlin
- Laughing Gnome
- As a child, Samuel Bishop liked the song "Frozen" by Madonna.
- While in rehabilitation, Bill watches Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace, Fight Club and The Matrix.
- Bill is certain that Alistair and Anne are also somewhere in 1999.
- John Hart-Davis is attending the convention at the Riviera Centre in Torquay.
- Lethbridge-Stewart meets with Winifred Bambera to try and work with UNIT again.
- Lethbridge-Stewart compares Department M's work to James Bond.
to be added
- Bill has had several jumps through time between Fear of the Web and this book, including being stuck in the body of Aston Okeke in the 1930s.
- Bill remembers when Gordon Conall Lethbridge-Stewart returned from the Realm of Light. (PROSE: The Man from Yesterday)
- Bill has to find the Beryllium chip and return it to San Francisco before 31 December. (TV: Doctor Who)
- Bill recalls his experiences with Chorley in John o Groats, (PROSE: The Lost Skin) and Keynsham. (PROSE: The Dreamer's Lament)
- Mention is made of Tobias Vaughn and his company International Electromatics. (TV: The Invasion)