- You may wish to consult
The Daleksfor other, similarly-named pages.
This was the first episode to have a "Cut Down" version produced, it aired the day after the full length version premiered, after the Sunday evening repeat of Dalek.
Aspects of production covered Edit
- The return of the Daleks, the Doctor's biggest foes, to the screens after 17 years.
- The designing and building of the new Dalek props.
- The remote control mechanisms on the Dalek head dome.
- Christopher Eccleston discusses how the Ninth Doctor is scared by the Daleks, and how he changes in nature upon encountering it.
- The new theme for the Daleks, and recording for the choir vocals used.
- Barnaby Edwards discusses the challenges of operating the Dalek prop.
- The VFX work for the elevating Dalek.
- Filming for the scene where Rose is cornered by the Dalek.
Additional topics covered Edit
- Russell T Davies and Sylvester McCoy discuss the horrible nature of the Daleks.
- The high death count of Resurrection of the Daleks, and the amount of explosions involved.
- Colin Baker discusses his troubles filming with the Daleks for Revelation of the Daleks.
- Sylvester McCoy recounts the infamous incident during filming of Remembrance of the Daleks, where a large pyrotechnic sequence resulted in the arrival of the local emergency services.
People interviewed Edit
- Christopher Eccleston, The Ninth Doctor
- Julie Gardner, Head of Drama, BBC Wales
- Billie Piper, Rose Tyler
- Clayton Hickman, Editor, Doctor Who Magazine
- Sylvester McCoy, The Seventh Doctor
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer
- Peter Davison, The Fifth Doctor
- Lorraine Heggessey, Controller, BBC 1
- Phil Collinson, Producer, Doctor Who
- Edward Thomas, Production Designer
- Mike Tucker, Model Unit Supervisor
- Colin Baker, The Sixth Doctor
- Murray Gold, Composer
- Barnaby Edwards, Dalek Operator
- Andrew Collins, Critic & Broadcaster
- Robert Shearman, Writer, Episode 6
- David Bowman, Compositor
- Nicholas Briggs, Dalek Voice
- Neill Gorton, Creature Effects Designer
Music list Edit
- "Excalibur: Fortuna From Carmina" by Carl Orff/City Of Prague Orchestra, Album: The Cult Files
- "Nu Flow" by Big Brovaz, Album: The Best Of R & B
- Camera - Eric Huyton, Chris Pain, Andy Smith
- Sound - Roger Van K, Kevin Meredith, Les Mowbray
- Runners - Maxine Hughes, Hannah Williams
- Junior Researcher - Alexander Gratton
- Researchers - Geoff Evans, Zoë Rushton, Stephen Thomas
- Production Secretary - Hannah Simpson
- Production Co-ordinator - Caroline Harris
- Production Manager - Catherine Gosling
- Editors - Tim Dawson, Ian Hunt, Rob Mansell, Ian Pitch
- Colourist - Gareth Owens
- Dubbing - Peter Jeffreys
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner, Mal Young
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
- Produced & Directed by - Adam Page
- Interestingly, one of the montages within this episode features footage from the Peter Cushing Dalek films.
Elements retained in Cut Down Edit
to be added
Home video releases Edit
The "Cut Down" version of the episode is available on the Doctor Who: The Complete First Series DVD box set.