The Dalek Transaction was the first story in the audio anthology, Encounters, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart and Ingrid Oliver as Petronella Osgood.
When a rogue guerrilla faction offer an alien artefact for auction, Kate Stewart and her team go undercover to the jungles of Central America. But they find that the prize on offer is far deadlier than its owners realise. Captive, desperate and alone. That’s when a Dalek is at its most dangerous.
to be added
- Kate Stewart - Jemma Redgrave
- Osgood - Ingrid Oliver
- Captain Josh Carter - James Joyce
- Colonel Shindi - Ramon Tikaram
- Captain Gonsalves - Karina Fernandez
- Guerilla - Jot Davies
- The Dalek - Nicholas Briggs
- The Dalek's eyestalk, gunstick and manipulator arm have all been removed, as well as half of its sensor globes.
- Kate identifies herself as being of the United Intelligence Taskforce.
- Code D is a code used by UNIT in reference to the Daleks.
to be added
- Osgood suggests they contact Dr Jones at UNIT North America. (TV: The Stolen Earth)
- Jacqui McGee has been tasked with creating their false identities. She gained Kate's approval in AUDIO: In Memory Alone. At the end of that story, Kate considers recruiting her.
- UNIT was aware of a possible "Code D" crashing to Earth 50 years prior, following it as it passed through private collections. However, they lost track of it in Utah. (TV: Dalek)
- Colonel Shindi notes that UNIT has fought the Daleks on several occasions. (TV: Day of the Daleks) He himself has lost several colleagues to them, alluding to their recent invasion of Earth. (TV: The Stolen Earth)
- There is a black market dealing in alien material on Earth. (TV: The Man Who Never Was) UNIT will know their handlers as the Auctioneers. (AUDIO: The Sontaran Project)