The Dalek Pocketbook and Space Travellers Guide, published in 1965, was an early Doctor Who spin-off book written by Terry Nation and featuring his creations, the Daleks. The book was written in two parts: the first half was an in-universe guide to the Daleks, while the second half was a non-fiction section about astronomy. Many of the informational features about Daleks were reprinted from The Dalek Book.
How does a Dalek obtain motive energy when it leaves its own planet? Can a Dalek swim? This is the book — the only book — with all the answers, compiled and presented by Terry Nation, the man who discovered and translated the fantastic Dalek Chronicles.
THE DALEK POCKETBOOK
- Questions and Answers from Terry Nation
- The Dalography of Skaro (reprinted from The Dalek Book)
- Facts About Dalek City
- Dalek Weapons (reprinted from The Dalek Book)
- More Dalek and Space-Age Machines
- The Dalekode (reprinted from The Dalek Book)
- Dalek Dictionary (reprinted from The Dalek Dictionary in The Dalek Book with added content)
- Anatomy of a Dalek (reprinted from The Dalek Book)
THE SPACE TRAVELLERS GUIDE
Within the book is a map - "The Dalography of Skaro" detailing various land masses on the planet including one called "Darren".