The Dalek Invasion of Toyshops was a 2017 short story printed in Dalek: The Astounding Untold History of the Greatest Enemies of the Universe. In accordance with its topic being the Daleks' place in Earth's pop culture, it was presented as a series of "Memos from Dalek High Command" intermingled with a real-world-focused article on the history of Dalek merchandise.
"Intercepted and translated" by David J. Howe, a series of memos from Dalek High Command reveal a frustrated six-phase Dalek plan, throughout the second half of Earth's 20th century and the beginning of the 21st, to invade the planet through infiltrating its popular culture.
- Nation is a Preliminary Operative.
- 1965 was designated "Year of the Daleks".
- The Daleks tried and failed to extend their schemes to the Americas.
- When "independent" human operatives prove "unreliable", the Daleks decide to use computers to achieve their goals.
- The Dalek agents are all named after individuals mentioned in the article as having been involved in the production of Dalek merchandise in the real world. Chiefly, Preliminary Operative Nation is ostensibly supposed to be the Daleks' own creator Terry Nation.
- The Daleks are attemptung to conquer the Earth. (COMIC: Legacy of Yesteryear) They would eventually succeed in the 22nd century. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)