The Curse of the Daleks was an audio adaptation of the stage play The Curse of the Daleks, the first Doctor Who-based stage play.
Publisher's summary Edit
A special audio adaptation of the Doctor Who stage-play from the 1960s.
The space ship Starfinder is taking two dangerous criminals for trial on Earth. En route, they crash through a meteor storm and have to make an emergency landing on Skaro — the planet of the dreaded Daleks. But Captain Redway and his faithful crew don't anticipate any trouble. After all, the Daleks were defeated fifty years ago and now they are completely inactive. But when a crate full of mysterious devices is discovered and the Daleks start to come back to life, it becomes clear that there is a traitor amongst the Starfinder's crew... A traitor intent on reactivating the power of the Daleks!
to be added
- John Ladiver - Michael Praed
- Captain Redway - Patric Kearns
- Marion Clements - Beth Chalmers
- Rocket Smith - Nick Wilton
- Bob Slater - James George
- Professor Vanderlyn - John Line
- Harry Sline - Derek Carlyle
- Dexion - Glynn Sweet
- Ijayna - Denise Hoey
- Narrator / The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- The Dalek City is visited.
- The story features a poem modelled on "Remember, Remember, the Fifth of November":
- Remember, remember, the Dalek December
- With Paris in ruins and London an ember
- In times of the future when fears are abating
- Don't try to forget them, the Daleks are waiting
- Quietly planning and scheming and hating
This rhyme was read by Nicholas Briggs as part of the trailer for the play.
to be added