The Curious Incident of the Doctor in the Night-Time was the fourth story in the audio anthology, Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories, which comprised the one hundred and eighty-eighth release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Nev Fountain and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and Nicola Bryant as Peri Brown.
Publisher's summary Edit
Michael is a young boy who likes to solve mysteries, such as the mystery of the extra gnome, the mystery of the absent father, and the mystery of the strange man in yellow trousers at the bottom of the garden.
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
- Geoffrey Jennings / Llangragen - Paul Panting
- Michael Jennings - Johnny Gibbon
- Olivia Jennings - Anjella Mackintosh
- Customer - Nicholas Briggs
- Michael's best friend Niall eats what he describes as "guinea pig food" at school.
- The Doctor tells Michael that he met the original Vandals.
- The Genoi were placed on Earth by the Galactic Coalition as the planet's high ozone content acted as a natural paralysing agent on them. Their leader Llangragen managed to escape and has travelled to Earth with the intention of reviving his fellow Genoi and conquering the planet.
Story notes Edit
- The story name alludes to the title of Whitbread Award-winning The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, which is itself a quote from Arthur Conan Doyle. The novel is narrated in the first person through the protagonist in a similar manner to the audio story, while Michael Jennings himself shares some similar quirks and mannerisms with the protagonist of the novel.
to be added