Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"Well, I doubt you'll ever see a bigger insect."
Gabby Nichols is putting her son to bed when she hears her daughter cry out. "Mummy there's a daddy longlegs in my room!" Then the screaming starts... Alan Travers is heading home from the pub when something rushes his face — a spider's web. Then something huge and deadly lumbers from the shadows... Kevin Alperton is on his way to school when he is attacked by a mosquito. A big one. Then things get dangerous.
But it isn't the dead man cocooned inside a huge mass of web that worries the Doctor. It isn't the swarming, mutated insects that make him nervous. It isn't an old man's garbled memories of past dangers that intrigue him.
With the village cut off from the outside world, and the insects becoming more and more dangerous, the Doctor knows that no one is safe. Not unless he can decode the strange symbols engraved on an ancient stone circle, and unravel a mystery dating back to the Second World War.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Kevin's duvet has a picture of Godzilla on it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- When he initially arrives at the King's Guard, the Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to check "whether there's a trapped spaceship hovering in the hyperstatial dimension above the circle", telling Clara that happens more often than she'd think. (TV: The Stones of Blood)
- Judson is mentioned as one of the scientists assigned to translate the Wyrrester signal before he was assigned to ULTIMA. (TV: The Curse of Fenric)
- Clara learned lockpicking from Jenny Flint. (TV: Deep Breath)
- Clara refers to Danny Pink as her new boyfriend. (TV: Listen)
- The Doctor asks for Charlie Bevan to help him take a motorbike back to the TARDIS as he is uncertain how his new body will perform despite his use of a motorbike in his previous incarnation. (TV: The Bells of Saint John)
- The entire populace of a town being subjected to the hypnotic effects of a strange substance has happened before. (TV: The Crimson Horror)
- Winston Churchill set a bounty on the recovery of the TARDIS during the Second World War. (TV: Victory of the Daleks)
[edit | edit source]