On the planet Minot, the Second Doctor discovers a seemingly abandoned space carrier. He's trapped aboard when the Cybermen reveal themselves and lift off in the carrier. Discovering they plan to destroy Earth with a bomb, the Doctor primes the bomb but only has twenty-five minutes to escape. He is pursued by the Cybermen until he's trapped within the bomb, before escaping and using one of their patrol craft to flee. Before the Cybermen can train their guns on him, the ships explodes. He returns to Minot and leaves with John and Gillian.
- The Doctor considers the Cybermen to be his greatest fear.
- John and Gillian do not have a TARDIS key and cannot fly the ship.
- They use ray guns.
- When the Doctor returns, Gillian says they won't have to stay on Minot like Robinson Crusoe.
- This comic was reprinted in Doctor Who Classic Comics issue 26.
- Narration refers to the Second Doctor as "Dr. Who" while Gillian calls him "the Doctor".
- This marks the first appearance of the Cybermen in a comic book.
- Part 2's cliffhanger asks "Has Dr. Who fallen victim to the deadly rays?" In The Doctor Falls (2017), the Twelfth Doctor is mortally wounded by Mondasian Cybermen.
- The Cybermen are CyberMondans. (TV: The Tenth Planet)
- The Cybermen would again attempt to destroy Earth with a cyberbomb in 2526. (TV: Earthshock)