The Colour of Darkness is the third book in The Darksmith Legacy series.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The Tenth Doctor is in pursuit of the robot Agent and the Eternity Crystal. His travels have taken him to the forbidding planet of the Darksmith Collective, Karagula. Before the Doctor can reach the hidden Dark Cathedral, he arrives at a village without any children. It is a mystery that the Doctor must unlock before he can find the Crystal. Will the Doctor solve the mystery and will he find the Crystal before the Darksmiths retrieve it?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- High Minister Drakon
- Brother Talen
- Brother Ardos
- Brother Varlos
- Brother Jaxal
- Brother Krazon
- Sister Clathine
- Sister Hellan
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor uses his John Smith alias when he pretends to be the Special Envoy of the Spiel Confederation.
- The Doctor's sonic screwdriver is used here for illumination; when amplied to the temple of a Darksmith renders them unconscious. It is able to download Brother Varlos' journal to upload later to the TARDIS.
- The Mortal Mirror is a product of Darksmith technology that the Doctor had encountered before.
- Clause 374 of the Shadow Proclamation "theft of an artefact of great cultural value legitimises the use of lethal force to ensure the artefact's recovery".
- The alpha-female in each Mantis colony on Parap IV release pheromones to control the whole Hive's activity.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The books[edit | edit source]
- The title refers to a Menim's enhanced sense of colour being taken.
- Interspersed with the main fiction is
- The Darksmith Legacy's overall story was devised by Justin Richards who contributed four of the ten titles.
- The Darksmith Legacy was certificated to 13, with under 13's needing parental approval.
- This first book in the series was released along with the second before the remaining titles saw a monthly release throughout 2009.
- Each book in the series was priced £4.99 (UK) and featured a foiled cover with illustration by Peter McKinstry
Interactive website content[edit | edit source]
By visiting the website and participating in the Quest participants can unlock additional content like computer wallpapers to download. The Quest itself features; games - (like finding a specific target in an image, by using the sonic screwdriver as a detector, to hone in (to register 100 on the scale). Once located the 'Target' then provides additional information used in further puzzles involving both words and numbers.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added
[edit | edit source]