Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
After successfully opposing slavery in the pocket-universe of Ecto-Space, K9 and his Mistress are treated to a life of luxury as the revered guests of Emperor Lukor. However, a life of decadence soon pales for the travellers and after making a hurried departure they discover a society of diseased cave dwellers who are dominated by their unseen masters who they worship as gods. Experience tells the Mistress and K9 that things are not all that they seem and, in a bid to unearth the truth, they place themselves in deadly peril.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Mistress - Lalla Ward
- K9 - John Leeson
- Emperor Lukor - Keith Drinkel
- Court Historian - Oliver Bradshaw
- Burns - Bernard Kay
- Lenora - Maggie Stables
- Nathanien - Neil Bull
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The story is intended as a sequel to Warriors' Gate; understood through that lens, the Mistress is Romana, Ecto-Space is E-Space, and the enslaved natives are the Tharils. However, BBV did not obtain the legal rights for these characters and concepts, so alternative names were used.
- Maggie Stables would later play the Sixth Doctor's companion Evelyn Smythe for Big Finish Productions.
- Richard Dawkins (who was then married to Lalla Ward) was present at the first read through of The Choice. (REF: Downtime – The Lost Years of Doctor Who)
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added
[edit | edit source]