The Caves of Androzani was a novelisation based on the 1984 television serial The Caves of Androzani.
Publisher's summary Edit
1985 edition Edit
They become involved in the struggle between brutal gun-runners, ruthless Federation troops, and the hideously mutilated Sharaz Jek, who lurks in the depths of the caves with his android army.
Key to the struggle is spectrox, the most valuable substance in the universe. Suitably processed, spectrox is an elixir of life, but in its raw state it is a deadly poison – a fact which will cost the Doctor another of his Time Lord lives...
Chapter titles Edit
- Androzani Minor Revisited
- Spectrox War
- The Execution
- Sharaz Jek
- The Escape
- The Magma Beast
- The Boss
- Crash Down
- Mud Burst
Deviations from televised story Edit
- Elements of Androzani society, such as chakaw picking, is explored.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- The title page credits Robert Holmes as the author, both of the original television story and the book.
- Although number #92 in the Doctor Who library, the book was actually the 93rd to be released; this was because it was swapped in the publication order with the novelisation of Planet of Fire late in the day without the numbers being reassigned.
- This story was released as an audiobook read by Peter Davison.
Additional cover images Edit
to be added
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK