The Cars That Ate London! was the first story in the audio anthology Heritage 1, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Jonathan Morris and featured Neve McIntosh as Madame Vastra, Catrin Stewart as Jenny Flint and Dan Starkey as Strax.
Publisher's summary Edit
The advent of electric carriages on London's streets causes a stir – until they start careening out of control. Elsewhere, factory workers lose their senses, while a brand-new power plant suffers mysterious outages.
to be added
- Madame Vastra - Neve McIntosh
- Jenny Flint - Catrin Stewart
- Strax - Dan Starkey
- Fabian Solak - Alan Cox
- Madeline - Julia Hills
- Archie Flowers / The Power Station Worker / Market Trader - Alex Lowe
- Inspector Cotton / Silas Beckett - Finlay Robertson
- Jenny scans a swan with the gang's gauntlet scanner.
- Solak gives a talk at the Royal Scientific Society.
- The Solak factory places its workers in assembly lines.
- Jenny has never seen a camera before. Vastra is suspicious about the surveillance cameras, and other anachronisms.
- Strax urges the other workers to seize the means of production.
- The factory floor workers go on strike.
- Solak has a Sontaran battle computer extrapolator in his brain.
- Solak compares himself to Hertz.
- The story's title is a play on the film The Cars That Ate Paris.
- Strax mentions how his true name is a serial number. (PROSE: A Soldier's Education)
- Immediately upon waking up, Strax exclaims, "Son– Rutans! Perverting the course of Sontaran history!" (TV: Robot, Listen, The Doctor Falls)