The Bride of Peladon was the one hundred and fourth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Barnaby Edwards and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, Nicola Bryant as Peri Brown and Caroline Morris as Erimem.
Released in 2008, it was the final audio story featuring Morris as Erimem and, as is evident in the title, sees a return to the planet Peladon, which was last a major feature in a story in the 1994 Virgin New Adventures novel Legacy.
Publisher's summary Edit
- Peladon will bathe in oceans of blood!
A mysterious voice, a missing girl and a murdered queen. The Royal House of Peladon is once more plunged into intrigue, terror and death. The Doctor, Peri and Erimem must find their way through a treacherous labyrinth of lies if they are to distinguish friend from foe before it is too late.
For deep beneath the Citadel of Peladon, something infinitely ancient and immeasurably powerful is stirring...
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
- Erimem - Caroline Morris
- Belldonia - Phyllida Law
- Voice - Jenny Agutter
- Pelleas - Christian Coulson
- Pandora - Yasmin Bannerman
- Zixlyr - Nicholas Briggs
- Alpha Centauri - Jane Goddard
- Frankis - Richard Earl
- Elkin - Peter Sowerbutts
- Foreman - Philip Childs
- Miner - Thomas Brodie-Sangster
The Doctor Edit
- This is set a hundred years after the Doctor's last visit to Peladon.
- Erimem reads the altimeter while the Doctor pilots the ship.
- Trisilicate mining is progressing on Peladon.
- Peladon is still part of the Galactic Federation.
- Aggedor has been pregnant for around a century.
- An illustrated preview for this story appeared in issue 391 of Doctor Who Magazine. It was illustrated by Cliff Robinson.
- To date, this is the final Fifth Doctor audio drama released in the main range to feature Peri. However, the Fifth Doctor and Peri subsequently appeared together in AUDIO: Peri and the Piscon Paradox.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 and 27 July 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- This story incorporates pre-titles sequences prior to each episode, one of only a few Big Finish audio dramas to do so.
- This is the Doctor's fourth visit to Peladon as his third incarnation visited the planet in TV: The Curse of Peladon, AUDIO: The Prisoner of Peladon and TV: The Monster of Peladon. The Seventh Doctor returned to Peladon some years later in PROSE: Legacy.
- Peri refers to her previous encounter with the Ice Warriors on their native Mars. (AUDIO: Red Dawn) Following the Doctor's regeneration into his sixth incarnation, the two of them encountered the Ice Warriors for a third time on Magnus in the 24th century. (AUDIO: Mission to Magnus)
- The Citadel of Peladon reminds the Doctor and Erimem of Castle Dracula. (AUDIO: Son of the Dragon)
- The Doctor previously encountered Osirans in TV: Pyramids of Mars and PROSE: The Sands of Time.
- It is because of the events in AUDIO: The Mind's Eye that the Doctor understands Erimem's choice in staying with Pelleas.
- Erimem wears a signet ring displaying the emblem of Sekhmet as a talisman against the god. She also prays to Osiris when the Doctor seems gravely injured. However, she previously claimed that she did not believe in the Egyptian gods. (AUDIO: The Eye of the Scorpion)
- The Doctor previously met Alpha Centauri on Peladon on three occasions during his third incarnation. (TV: The Curse of Peladon, AUDIO: The Prisoner of Peladon, TV: The Monster of Peladon) He later encountered it, once again on Peladon, during his seventh incarnation. (PROSE: Legacy)
- Near death in part four, the Fifth Doctor says, "Sorry, Peri, I don't think I can make it." The line presages the coming usage in The Caves of Androzani — but this time Peri answers back, "I'm not through with you yet!"
- After Erimem leaves to marry Pelleas, Peri reassures the Doctor that she has no intention of leaving "to marry some alien king." (TV: The Ultimate Foe)
- The Doctor says it's been a long time since he's heard the name "Pandora." In fact, Pandora was the name of one of the presidents of Gallifrey. (AUDIO: Lies et al.)
- Official The Bride of Peladon page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Bride of Peladon at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide