The Book of the Enemy was the fourth in Obverse Books' series of Faction Paradox anthologies. It was edited by Simon Bucher-Jones and released in January 2018. Each story was preceded by one or more Pre-narrative Briefings.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
But the nature of their Enemy has always been shrouded, in mystery, in enigma, perceived through mirrored labyrinths seemingly constructed as much by the Great Houses as the Enemy. Why?
Perhaps now the secrets of the Enemy can be revealed. Or perhaps not.
Experience the ravaged memories of those who have met them in War.
Stories[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The title of the anthology is a reference to The Book of the War, the first book in the Faction Paradox series.
- Of the nineteen "briefing documents" included between stories in the anthology, two were contributed by Michael Simpson and Lesley Drakken, and the rest were written by Simon Bucher-Jones (but credited to in-universe characters or parties).
- All contributors, real world and in-universe alike, are credited and given author biographies.
- Editor Simon Bucher-Jones first floated the idea of The Fourth Wave Observer's Book Of The Enemy in March 2014, six months after the release of his novel The Fourth Wave Boys' Book of Whaling for Universes. Obverse Books first officially hinted at the anthology in late 2015, and Philip Purser-Hallard completed his story in 2016.
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Book of the Enemy page at Obverse Books
- The Book of the Enemy at the Faction Paradox wiki